The Hopkins Overpass
The Overpass is Now Open
Session Times: Noon - 7pm Daily
- $10 for the day
- $5 for Hopkins Residents and 3rd Lair Members
- There will be a 30 participant Maximum per day - first come first served
COVID 19 Stuff
- Parents are encouraged to drop off/pickup rather than hang out to help reduce the number of people in the building
- If your child is young enough to need constant adult supervision, please stay and supervise them. We will have picnic tables set up outside that we encourage you to use.
- Waivers must be filled out prior to entering the park. Click Here to Sign
- Everyone is required to complete a new waiver this year
- No rental equipment is available
- Helmets are required for all riders - bring your own
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask at all times while on our property.
- You may temporarily move your mask away from your mouth and nose if you are exerting yourself enough to make it difficult to breathe through the mask and you are at least 6 feet from others. The mask needs to be put back in place ASAP.
- Please maintain 6ft social distancing at all times
- If you feel ill stay home
- If you have even a slight fever, stay home
- If you have been exposed to someone suspected of having COVID-19, stay home.
The Overpass Skate Park is owned by the City of Hopkins and operated by the 3rd Lair. The Overpass opened in spring 2000 as one of the largest skate parks in the metro area. The Hopkins Area Jaycees donated $135,000 toward the park.
Overpass Skate Park, located under the Highway 169 bypass in Hopkins, spans across 18,000 square feet and offers skating enthusiasts piano banks, fun boxes, kinked rails and staircases, as well as protective helmets and pads.
The highway overpass protects skateboarders, inline skaters, scooters, and BMX bikers from light rain, but does not offer protection from rainstorms or the elements of winter. The Overpass is seasonal and operates as the weather permits
All customers need to sign an annual waiver with parents signature if they are under 18. Helmets are required for all participants - no exceptions.
Contact Info: Overpass Skate Park - 100 Washington Ave S - (952) 938 1760