The Hopkins Overpass
Hopkins Overpass SkatePark
Fall 2021 Session Times (Starting September 13, 2021)
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 3pm - 7pm
- Friday: 3pm - 7pm
- Saturday: Noon - 7pm
- Sunday: Noon - 7pm
- $10 + tax for the day
- $5 + tax for Hopkins Residents and 3rd Lair Members
- If your child is young enough to need constant adult supervision, please stay and supervise them. There are bleachers onsite that you can use to spectate.
- Waivers must be filled out prior to entering the park. Click Here to Sign
- Everyone is required to complete a new waiver every year
- No rental equipment is available
- Helmets are required for all riders - bring your own
- If you feel ill stay home
- If you have even a slight fever, stay home
- If you have been exposed to someone suspected of having COVID-19, stay home.
The Overpass Skate Park is owned by the City of Hopkins and operated by the 3rd Lair. The Overpass opened in spring 2000 as one of the largest skate parks in the metro area. The Hopkins Area Jaycees donated $135,000 toward the park.
Overpass Skate Park, located under the Highway 169 bypass in Hopkins, spans across 18,000 square feet and offers skating enthusiasts piano banks, fun boxes, kinked rails and staircases, as well as protective helmets and pads.
The highway overpass protects skateboarders, inline skaters, scooters, and BMX bikers from light rain, but does not offer protection from rainstorms or the elements of winter. The Overpass is seasonal and operates as the weather permits
All customers need to sign an annual waiver with parents signature if they are under 18. Helmets are required for all participants - no exceptions.
Contact Info: Overpass Skate Park - 100 Washington Ave S - (952) 938 1760